My 2nd year anniversary is coming up and I’m overly excited! This September will mark two years of being a vegetarian. However, surprisingly I actual don’t miss eating meat. In honor of this, I’ve decided to share one of my vegetarian recipes.
Stir Fried Tofu with Vegetables
1 block of Firm Tofu (drained in a Ziploc & refrigerated overnight)
1 cup of corn meal (flour or cornstarch will do also)
Fresh string beans
1. Cut up drain tofu into cubes and coat with powder seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, onion powder, black pepper)
2. Rinse and cut off ends of string beans and set aside.
3. Coat a large skillet with vegetable oil and heat.
4. Coat tofu in cornmeal or flour or cornstarch and drop cubes into the hot oiled skillet.
5. Cook tofu and turn until lightly brown.
6. Place lightly brown tofu on a paper toweled plate to drain excess oil.
7. Pour any excess oil into glass jar once cooled. The skillet should be left lightly oiled.
8. Saute string beans in lightly oiled skillet until tender but not overcooked. Add cooked tofu to string beans and pour Teriyaki sauce over tofu and string beans.
9. Serve over steamed white or brown rice.