- Article published at:
- Article author: thepinklocket
- Article tag: Holiday
- Article comments count: 0
Warm weather means more than just hot summer fashion, but it also means lots of yummy and bright colored fruits. After battling through Atlanta traffic on Wednesday evening, I got to the Farmer’s Table 5 minutes prior to closing. I grabbed my brussel sprouts, string beans and broccoli the Sue (the owner) told everyone in the store that they could have a flat of strawberries for free! So amped, I went and grabbed my flat. After rinsing and freezing about half the flat for our daily smoothies, I decided to take a stab at Strawberry Bread (the healthy way of course). I must say it comes outs soft and very moist. Since it’s not very sweet, it tastes great with a little Nutella or even add your own preserves. Hope you enjoy my recipe!
Strawberry Bread with Coconut Flour
2 cups of Strawberries (or 1 quart)
1 cup of Coconut Flour
½ tsp of baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 Tablespoon of vanilla and a separate ½ tsp
½ cup of coconut milk
¼ – ½ cup of maple syrup (1/2 if you want it a little sweeter) or you can substitute with ¾ of brown sugar or 5 tablespoon of honey
5 Tablespoons of butter or melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease loaf pan and set aside.
- Slice strawberries and toss with ½ tsp of vanilla and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and set aside.
- In a bowl combine: eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup or brown sugar honey and vanilla, coconut oil or butter
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl: coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix
- Add about ½ of the dry mixture to the liquid mixture and let it sit for about 3 minutes. Then mix remaining ½ of the dry mixture into it.
- Fold in strawberries, your mixture will be thick almost like a cookie dough texture
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan and bake for 1hr and 5 min. Below is what my loaf pan looked like before putting it in the oven.