- Article published at:
- Article author: thepinklocket
- Article tag: Holiday
- Article comments count: 0
I love a good salad. I’m so over boring salads or salad in a bag. No one ever said that salad has to be boring and I think if salads looked more appealing a lot more people would have a positive attitude about indulging into the goodness of nutritious veggies. Last week I decided to make grilled tilapia with my very own mango salsa. The next day I used the salsa and put over a bed of spinach and romaine lettuce with a side of baked sweet potato fries for an easy lunch. I thought I’d share my easy Mango Salsa recipe so that you could try it out for yourself. Let me know what you think!
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
2 roma tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped red onion
Juice from 1 squeezed lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1. Peel the entire mango, removing the skin then slice the mango until you get to the seed. Chop the sliced pieces of mango and add to a large bowl.
2. Dice the roma tomatoes and add to the diced mangoes.
3. Add the chopped cilantro, red onion and chopped red peppers to the bowl of mangoes and tomatoes. Stir the combined ingredients.
4. Add lime juice and olive oil to the bowl and stir.
5. Add salt and pepper (you can determine the amount to liking).
6. Cover the bowl and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.