- Article published at:
- Article author: thepinklocket
- Article tag: Holiday
- Article comments count: 0
Welcome back to the Make It Monday series! It has been a few weeks since I’ve posted a DIY, so this week’s post is a yummy and healthy dessert recipe. It’s only fair that I tell you how I came up with this recipe before revealing it. I was up late one of many nights and got that sweet tooth kick. Did the regular thing and walked over to my refrigerator and saw some leftover quinoa that I made Aiden‘s dinner with earlier that evening. That’s when the creative concoction kicked in. Let’s be honest most of us get a dessert craving every now and then and I’m very big on “if you love it so much you shouldn’t have to give it up completely.” What I’ve learned about eating healthy is I have to learn how to modify certain things in order to satisfy my taste buds. I won’t keep you waiting here’s the delicious recipe. Let me know how you like it and if you added other yummy ingredients.
Coconut Quinoa Pudding
1 cup of cooked quinoa
1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
Coconut sugar (to sweeten to your liking)
1/4 tsp of vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
Fruit of your choice I used blackberries and apples
1 Tablespoon of Kahlua
1. Heat coconut milk in saucepan until warm, then stir in quinoa.
2. Add vanilla, cinnamon and Kahlua then stir. Allow mixture to heat until warm, you want it to be warm and not hot. Remove mixture from fire.
3. Then add coconut sugar by the teaspoon until it’s is sweet to your liking ( I added about 3 tsp to mine).
4. Last add your fruit and stir. Serve in cups and enjoy.