I know you are probably thinking do these two words even go well together, ZUCCHINI and FRIES. We have an inside running joke in our family, where we send group text pictures to each other of our dinners and its plate presentation. Of course with me not being a carnivore, the back and forth jokes and discussions get quite interesting. So can you imagine the response I got from my family of meat eaters when I texted them this picture of my dinner? “LOL” to say the least!
The key to this recipe is not overcooking the zucchini, after all you don’t want soggy fries (yuck!). Also flavor is important, feel free to throw in a little garlic powder or any other powder seasoning that will add flavor. Hope you enjoy!
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup of flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash, dry and cut zucchini into sticks approximately 1/2 inch thick.
3. Beat egg in a bowl.
4. In a ziploc bag add the flour, salt and pepper and drop zucchini sticks in the bag and shake.
5. One by one dip floured zucchini into egg batter and then coat with the panko bread crumbs.
6. Lay on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.